Who will represent the U.S. in the upcoming Pan American Games, World Cups and World Championships will be decided – mostly – by the Shotgun Spring Selection matches at the Tucson Trap and Skeet Club in Arizona in 10 days of events starting on Thursday. The schedule:
● Trap: 28 February through 3 March
● Mixed Trap: 4 March
● Skeet: 6-9 March
Barring injury, or procedural issues, the two finishers in Tucson will earn spots on the U.S. Pan American Games team, which compete in Lima (PER) later this summer. The top three will qualify to represent the U.S. at the Shotgun World Championships in Italy in July.
Among the stars expected to compete in the Trap events:
● Caleb Lindsey ~ 2018 U.S. National Champion
● Roe Reynolds ~ 2018 U.S. Nationals silver medalist
● Brian Burrows ~ 2018 U.S. Nationals bronze medalist
● Glenn Eller ~ 2018 Championship of the Americas bronze medalist
● Kayle Browning ~ 2018 Championship of the Americas gold medalist
● Ashley Carroll ~ 2018 Championship of the Americas bronze medalist
● Aeriel Skinner ~ 2018 U.S. National Champion
● Emma Williams ~ 2018 U.S. Nationals silver medalist
● Corey Cogdell-Unrein ~ Two-time Olympic bronze medalist
The Skeet entries will be released next week.
Look for results here.