The top U.S. artistic gymnastics meet of the year – the American Cup – is on for Saturday at the Greensboro (N.C.) Coliseum, and will also serve as an FIG All-Around World Cup.
The fields are strong, with multiple World Championships medalists:
● Bart Deurloo (NED) ~ 2017 Worlds Horizontal Bar bronze
● James Hall (GBR) ~ All-Around 8th at 2018 World Championships
● Yue Ma (CHN) ~ 2014 Youth Olympic Games Rings & Vault silvers
● Sam Mikulak (USA) ~ 2014 American Cup champ; 2018 Worlds High Bar bronze
● Yul Moldauer (USA) ~ Two-time defending American Cup Champion
● Kenzo Shirai (JPN) ~ Five-time Worlds gold medalist: 2017 All-Around bronze; 2013-15-17 Floor golds; 2017 Vault gold; 2018 Floor silver and Vault bronze
● Ellie Black (CAN) ~ 2017 Worlds All-Around silver
● Yufei Lu (CHN) ~ 2018 Chinese Nationals All-Around bronze
● Kim Bui (GER) ~ 2018 German Championships All-Around silver
● Mai Murakami (JPN) ~ 2018 Worlds All-Around silver; 2017 Worlds Floor gold
● Sanna Veerman (NED) ~ 2016 Dutch Championships All-Around Champion
● Grace McCallum (USA) ~ All-Around 4th at 2018 U.S. Nationals
● Leanne Wong (USA) ~ 2018 U.S. Junior All-Around Champion
The American Cup is part of a three-meet series which includes the Nastia Liukin Cup on Friday for junior women, and the Elite Team Cup on Sunday, an event for junior men.
NBC’s Olympic Channel has coverage starting at 11:30 a.m. Eastern time on Saturday, transitioning to NBC at 1 p.m. Eastern, Look for results here.