The fight over the future of USA Gymnastics has not stopped the athletes or the competitions, as the Winter Cup Challenge for men will be held this week at the South Point Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada (USA).
The program includes competition on Friday and Sunday. Most of the top U.S. men are in the field, including:
● Sam Mikulik ~ Reigning U.S. All-Around-Floor-Parallel Bars-High Bar Champion
● Yul Moldauer ~ 2017 U.S. National All-Around Champion
● Akash Modi ~ 2017 U.S. Parallel Bars Champion
● Eddie Penev ~ 2017 U.S. Vault Co-Champion
● Donnell Whittenburg ~ 2017 U.S. Vault Co-Champion & All-Around runner-up
● Alec Yoder ~ 2018 U.S. Pommel Horse Champion
● Marvin Kimble ~ 2017 U.S. Horizontal Bar Champion & Rings Co-Champion
● Allan Bower ~ 2017 U.S. All-Around runner-up
● Trevor Howard ~ 2018 U.S. Rings Champion
Look for results here.
The FIG has its first Trampoline & Tumbling World Cup on this weekend in Baku (AZE), in the annual competition for the AGF Trophy, at the Milli Gimnastika Arenasi.
The field is huge, with 78 men and 64 women in the individual trampoline competition, including:
● Lei Gao (CHN) ~ 2015-17-18 World Champion
● Uladzislau Hancharou (BLR) ~ 2016 Olympic Champion; 2015 Worlds silver medalist
● Jeffrey Gluckstein (USA) ~ Five-time U.S. Trampoline Champion
● Xiao Tu (CHN) ~ 2014 World Champion
● Andrey Yudin (RUS) ~ 2015-18 Worlds bronze medalist
● Dong Dong (CHN) ~ 2009-10-13 World Champion; 2012 Olympic Champion
● Rosie MacLennan (CAN) ~ 2016 Olympic Champion; 2013-18 World Champion
● Sophiane Methot (CAN) ~ 2017 Worlds bronze medalist
● Bryony Page (GBR) ~ 2016 Olympic silver medalist
● Yana Pavlova (RUS) ~ 2018 Worlds bronze medalist
● Lingling Liu (CHN) ~ 2014 World Champion
American Nicole Ahsinger, the 2017 national champion, is also in the field.
Qualifying will be held on Saturday and the finals on Sunday. Look for results here.