TSX EXTRA – for Feb. 17, 2018: If look closely at the aerial shots from PyeongChang, you’ll often see quite a few – or a lot – of empty seats. This is not a sold-out Games.
But for the athletes, even those who are battle-hardened by years of World Cup experience and World Championships in their sport, this is different.
We asked athletes in advance of PyeongChang 2018 why the Games were different and they gave one reason about all others. We have the answer and some astonishing events in today’s edition, including:
- Our exclusive 8-place team scores, with the U.S. doing better than you would think!
- The shock of the women’s Super-G, but the winner was a better skier than people knew;
- Norway’s Marit Bjoergen ties for the most medals won in Winter Games history!
- More history in the men’s Free Skate, and not just by repeat winner Yuzuru Hanyu;
- Stunning comeback for Lizzy Yarnold, now also a two-time Olympic champ in Skeleton;
- How about a third back-to-back gold medalist on Saturday … in ski jumping!