Confirmed as the top seed for the 2019 World Beach Volleyball Championships, Norway’s Anders Mol and Christian Sorum are in Ostrava (CZE) to try for their third straight FIVB World Tour tournament win against an excellent field. The top seeds:
1. Anders Mol/Christian Sorum (NOR)
2. Viacheslav Krasilnikov/Oleg Stoyanovskiy (RUS)
3. Grzegorz Fijalek/Michal Bryl (POL)
4. Pablo Herrera/Adrian Gavira (ESP)
5. Cherif Younousse/Ahmed Tijan (QAT)
1. Barbora Hermannova/Marketa Slukova (CZE)
2. Sarah Pavan/Melissa Humana-Paredes (CAN)
3. Agatha Bednarczuk/Duda Lisboa (BRA)
4. Ana Patricia Silva Ramos/Rebecca Cavalcanti (BRA)
5. Heather Bansley/Brandie Wilkerson (CAN)
Also in the top 10 are Alix Klineman and April Ross of the U.S. at no. 6, and Sara Hughes and Summer Ross at no. 8. The top U.S. men’s entry is Tri Bourne and Trevor Crabb at no. 19.
Partnered since 2016, Mol and Sorum have compiled an impressive record, winning medals in seven of their 27 starts together and three of five this season (all wins and all in four-star events). They won three times on tour last season, including the World Tour Final in Hamburg (GER).
The women’s top seeds, Hermannova and Slukova, have one win and one silver medal so far this season. Considerable attention will be paid to see how American pair Kerri Walsh Jennings and Brooke Sweat follow up their win in China from last week.
Look for results here.