[wpdm_package id=4652 template=”5a3caadf84efa”]
TSX HEADLINES – for July 25, 2018: The Athletics Integrity Unit set up by the International Association of Athletics Associations (IAAF) made its first comprehensive report public and there’s one conclusion to be drawn.
Doping is still with us.
The report on the AIU Web site shows a total of 120 cases handled by the AIU since it started operations in 2017 and 35 new cases through the first half of 2018. And there are a stunning total of 411 people on the current suspension or banned list. 411!
And leading the nations in opened cases, bans and suspensions? Russia, of course.
We have the details of the AIU report in our Lane One commentary, plus news from all across the Olympic world:
(1) THE TICKER: Stunning training revelation from triple jump star Christian Taylor, the USOC asks to be removed from the lawsuit by three victims of Larry Nasser, and Scott Blackmun rejoins the Olympic Movement.
(2) THE BIG PICTURE: The U.S. Senate Subcommittee hearing on the Larry Nasser affair was tamer than prior editions, but there were specific proposals from the USOC’s Athletes Advisory Council!
(3) SWIMMING: The Phillips 66 National Championships start Wednesday in Irvine with berths on the 2019 World Championships team on the line. We have a full preview, including the workloads for stars Caeleb Dressel, Katie Ledecky and others … and two stars who won’t swim due to doping suspensions!
(4) CYCLING: Tuesday’s Tour de France race was stopped for 15 minutes due to a farmer’s protest, then the riders had to deal with leftover tear gas! But the entire Tour could be decided on Wednesday’s brutal, three-climb stage!
(5) FOOTBALL: The U.S. women’s national team hosts the second Tournament of Nations, starting Thursday, with games vs. Japan, Australia and Brazil.
This issue includes ON DECK previews of Swimming ~ Football ~ Judo ~ Swimming ~ Table Tennis ~ Triathlon; SCOREBOARD reports on Basketball ~ Cycling ~ Fencing, plus AGENDA, our exclusive calendar of upcoming international events!