The third FIG Trampoline World Cup is getting ready in Maebashi (JPN) for this weekend, with competition in men’s and women’s individual and synchronized events.
The fields are excellent with five World Champions and the reigning Olympic champions:
- Dong Dong (CHN) ~ World Champion in 2009-10-13; 2012 Olympic gold medalist
- Gao Lei (CHN) ~ World Champion in 2015-17
- Xiao Tu (CHN) ~ World Champion in 2014
- Uladzislau Hancharou (BLR) ~ 2016 Olympic gold medalist
- Dmitriy Ushakov (RUS) ~ 2017 World Champs silver medalist; 2012 Olympic silver medalist
- Lingling Liu (CHN) ~ World Champion in 2014
- Rosie MacLennan ~ World Champion in 2013; Olympic Champion in 2012-16
- Bryony Page (GBR) ~ 2016 Olympic silver medalist
- Ayano Kishi (JPN) ~ 2017 World Championships silver medalist
In fact, the entire podium from the 2017 World Championships for men (Lei-Ushakov-Dong) returns for this event. U.S. national men’s champ Jeffrey Gluckstein and runner-up Nicole Ahsinger head the U.S. contingent in Maebashi.
The Synchro competition has four Worlds medalists among the men’s entries, including eurrent World Champions Hancharou and Aleh Rabtsau (BLR) and bronze winners Ushakov and Andrey Yudin (RUS), plus 2015 World Champions Dong and Tu (CHN) and bronze medalists Allan Morante and Sebastien Martiny of France.
Look for results here.