The 2018-19 Nordic Combined World Cup champion has been decided: Norway’s Jarl Magnus Riiber. With four events left, including the Gundersen 130 m hill and 10.0 km race in Lahti (FIN), he has an impregnable 497-point lead. But the fight for second is tight:
1. 1,258 Jarl Magnus Riiber (NOR) ~ 2018-19 World Cup Champion
2. 761 Johannes Rydzek (GER) ~ 2017 World Champion
3. 755 Franz-Josef Rehrl (AUT) ~ 2 wins and 5 total medals this season
4. 731 Vinzenz Geiger (GER) ~ 1 win and three total medals this season
5. 694 Akito Watabe (JPN) ~ 2017-18 World Cup Champion
This week’s events in Lahti will start with a Team Sprint off the 130 m hill and a 2×7.5 km race. The individual Gundersen race will be on Sunday.
Look for results here. This is the last World Cup before the action moves to the World Nordic Championships in Seefeld (AUT) beginning 20 February.