While superstar Simone Biles garners most of the headlines – and for good reason – the U.S. has another World All-Around gold medalist on its roster in 17-year-old Morgan Hurd. She’s the headliner of the FIG All-Around World Cup this weekend at the 6,000-seat Musashino Forest Sport Plaza in Tokyo (JPN). The entries include (but are not limited to):
● Bart Deurloo (BEL) ~ 2017 Worlds Horizontal Bar bronze
● Wataru Tanigawa (JPN) ~ 2018 Worlds Team bronze medalist
● Kenzo Shirai (JPN) ~ 2017 Worlds All-Around bronze, Floor & Vault golds
● Sam Mikulak (USA) ~ 2018 Worlds All-Around 5th; 5x U.S. All-Around champ
● Nestor Abad (ESP) ~ 2018 Worlds All-Around 11th
● Morgan Hurd (USA) ~ 2017 World All-Around Champion; 2018 bronze
● Ellie Black (CAN) ~ 2017 Worlds All-Around silver medalist
● Asuka Teramoto (JPN) ~ 2018 Worlds All-Around 10th
The event will be held on Sunday (7th). Prize money is offered to the top eight finishers at CHF 12,000-10,000-8,000-6,000-5,500-5,000-4,500-4,000.
NBCSN will have delayed coverage of the women’s competition at 9 p.m. Eastern time on Sunday. Look for results here.