TSX EXTRA – for Feb. 10, 2018: The Netherlands is supposed to win a lot of medals in skating and it did. Norway is supposed to win a lot of medals in the various kinds of skiing .. and it did.
That’s the summary of the first day of the PyeongChang Games, but there was plenty of excitement along the way:
- A final-jump win in the men’s Normal Hill Ski Jumping;
- A new record for the most Olympic Winter medals won by any woman;
- A thrilling win for Korea in front of a packed house in Short Track;
- More hard feelings from a Russian bronze medalist;
- Possible medal for the U.S. in men’s luge after two runs!
Plus, the U.S. Soccer Federation found its new chief for the next four years, choosing someone it knows very well (and did not play goal for the U.S. women’s national team). It’s all in this EXTRA edition, with sport-by-sport coverage of medal events in Biathlon ~ Cross Country ~ Short Track ~ Ski Jumping ~ Speed Skating.Want to stay informed on the worldwide carousel of sports? There’s only one way to follow all 41 sports on the Olympic program: read The Sports Examiner! Join the fun today and get more than 150 issues a year delivered directly to your e-mail inbox: Click here to subscribe!