The final leg of the five-stop Tyr Pro Swim Series will be held at the Clovis North Aquatic Center – near Fresno – with only a few of the top U.S. stars entered.
The 800 m Freestyles are on Thursday, with the rest of the events spread across the following three days. The headline swimmers:
● Townley Haas ~ 100-200 m Free
● Matt Grevers ~ 50-100 m Free, 50-100 m Back
● Justin Ress ~ 50-100 m Back
● Gianluca Urlando ~ 100 m Free, 200 m Back, 100-200 m Fly, 200 m Medley
● Ryan Coetzee (RSA) ~ 50-100 m Free, 50-100 m Fly
● Mallory Comerford ~ 50-100-200 m Free, 50-100 m Fly
● Leah Smith ~ 200-800 m Free, 400 m Medley
● Kelsi Dahlia ~ 50-100 m Free, 50-100-200 m Fly
● Alia Atkinson (JAM) ~ 50-100 m Free, 50-100 m Breast, 50 m Fly, 400 m Medley
● Sidney Pickrem (CAN) ~ 200 m Back, 100-200 m Breast, 200-400 m Medley
The 17-year-old Urlando opened some eyes with his 1:54.35 200 m Butterfly in the Mel Zajac Invitational in Vancouver. No. 3 on the world list for 2019. He’s not on the U.S. World Championships team, but next year?
Prize money of $1,500-1,000-500 is available for the top three places. NBCSN has coverage from Clovis on Thursday (13th) at 8 p.m. Eastern time and on Friday (14th) at 8 p.m.Eastern. The 15 June finals are available online at www.usaswimming.org.
Look for results here.