The American Canoe Association is holding the U.S. National Team Trials this weekend in Oklahoma City, with competition in both Sprint and Slalom disciplines.
In Sprint, races will be held only in single-person events, including the C-1 and K-1 for men and women, on the Oklahoma River. Most of the 2018 national champions are entered and expected back:
● Ken Kasperbauer ~ C-1 200 m
● Stanton Collins ~ K-1 200 m and K-1 500 m
● Alex Lee ~ K-1 1,000 m
● Nevin Harrison ~ C-1 200 m and C-1 500 m
● Kaitlyn McElroy ~ K-1 200 m
● Sam Barlow ~ K-1 500 m
Look for Sprint results here.
The Slalom Trials are being readied at the McClendon Whitewater Center, with one men’s medalist and all of the women’s medal winners returning from 2018:
● C-1: Casey Eichfeld (champion)
● C-1: Michaela Corcoran (champion), Evy Leibfarth (2nd), Harriet Rollins (3rd)
● K-1: Leibfarth (champion), Ashley Nee (2nd), Madison Corcoran (3rd)
Eichfeld is a three-time Olympian in 2008-12-16 and a double Pan American gold medalist in the C-1 and C-2 (with Devin McEwan) from 2015. Leibfarth is a prodigy, who just turned 15 in January and is now age-eligible for the FIC World Championships (and a possible 2020 Olympic berth beyond that).
Slalom results will be posted here.