The BWF World Tour’s annual stop in the United States is a Super 300 level tournament, this year at Titan Gymnasium at Cal State Fullerton. As a 300-level event, the top players are not involved, but the fields are of good quality. The top seeds:
1. Dong Keun Lee (KOR)
2. H.S. Prannoy (IND)
3. Mark Caljouw (NED)
1. Min Chun Liao/Ching Heng Su (TPE)
2. Yang Lee/Chi-Lin Wang (TPE)
3. Ching Yao Lu/Po Han Yang (TPE)
1. Michelle Li (CAN)
2. Saena Kawakami (JPN)
3. Ga Eun Kim (KOR)
1. Nami Matsuyama/Chiharu Shida (JPN)
2. Emilie Lefel/Anne Tran (FRA)
3. Rachel Honderich/Kristen Tsai (CAN)
● Mixed Doubles:
1. Mark Lamsfuss/Isabel Herttrich (GER)
2. Marvin Seidel/Linda Efler (GER)
3. Ben Lane/Jessica Pugh (ENG)
The top two seeds in the men’s Singles – Dong-Keun Lee (KOR) and H.S. Prannoy (IND) – are the last two winners of the event, with Lee the defending champion.
No U.S. players received a seed; in fact, the last American winner in this tournament was Beiwen Zhang in the women’s Singles in 2014.
Prize money totals $150,000, with $11,250-5,700-2,175 to the top three placers (2x$2,175 for both third-place teams) in Singles and $11,800-5,700-2,100 for the Doubles. Look for results here.