[wpdm_package id=5503 template=”5a3caadf84efa”]
TSX HEADLINES – for August 20, 2018: The United States Anti-Doping Agency issued its 2017 report and the details were remarkable: 9.936 tests and just 84 came back either with a violation or an initial adverse finding that is still being resolved.
That’s a problem rate of 8/10ths of 1 percent, which is pretty good. USADA also provided a lot of details about how it is testing and which sports get tested the most. And they appear to be on the right track.
What’s not widely known is that the biggest sponsor of USADA is … the U.S. Government!
All the details are in our Lane One commentary, plus a sensational weekend at the U.S. Gymnastics Championships and much more:
(1) THE TICKER: Happy 83rd birthday to an Olympic icon: 1960 Olympic decathlon gold medalist Rafer Johnson!
(2) THE BIG PICTURE: Sports world’s “pivot to America” continues as Lake Placid is awarded the 2023 Winter Universiade!
(3) ATHLETICS: Final ”regular-season” Diamond League meet in England sees a Christian Coleman win by 1/1,000th of a second and a sensational performance by Shaunae Miller-Uibo in the 200 m!
(4) CYCLING: You don’t hear about this too often: a rider wins a multi-stage race … by winning each and every stage herself! It happened in the Ladies Tour of Norway …
(5) GYMNASTICS: Simone Biles was sensational in winning her fifth U.S. All-Around title, but she wasn’t the only one! After a year off due to injury, Sam Mikulak came back to win his fifth U.S. title too.
This issue includes SCOREBOARD reports on Athletics ~ Beach Volleyball ~ Cycling (four reports!) ~ Football ~ Gymnastics ~ Sport Climbing ~ Table Tennis, plus AGENDA, our exclusive calendar of upcoming international events!
[wpdm_package id=5503 template=”link-template-button-popup.php”]