A light schedule for the FIE World Cup this week, with only one event, the 64th edition of the Sabre de Wolodyjowski, with an individual competition on Friday and Saturday and a team event on Sunday. The field is quite large at 221, with the top entries by world ranking:
1. Eli Dershwitz (USA) ~ 2018 World Championships silver medalist
2. Bon-Gil Gu (KOR) ~ 2017 World Championships silver medalist
4. Aron Szilagyi (HUN) ~ 2016 Olympic Champion
5. Sang-Uk Oh (KOR) ~ 2018 World Championships Team gold medalist
6. Kamil Ibragimov (RUS) ~ 2018 World Championships bronze medalist
7. Luca Curatoli (ITA) ~ 2018 World Championships Team gold medalist
8. Andras Szatmari (HUN) ~ 2017 World Champion
9. Max Hartung (GER)
10. Bolade Apithy (FRA)
In addition, the Rio Olympic silver medalist – American Daryl Homer, currently ranked 16th – is also in the field.
Korea’s Gu is the defending champion, defeating Germany’s Matyas Szabo in the final. You can follow the results of this year’s tournament here.