The next-to-last race in the UCI Women’s World Tour comes this weekend in Spain with two races in the La Madrid Challenge by La Vuelta:
∙ Stage 1: 12.6 km Flat: Team Time Trial in Boadilla del Monte
∙ Stage 2: 100.3 km Flat: 100.3 km with 17 laps of a 5.9 km loop in Madrid
In terms of the seasonal Women’s World Cup rankings:
1. 1,411.86 Annemiek van Vleuten (NED)
2. 1,394.88 Marianne Vos (NED)
3. 1,323.33 Anna van der Breggen (NED)
4. 1,213.86 Amanda Spratt (AUS)
5. 1,012.95 Ashleigh Moolman (RSA)
The start list for the race (as of Thursday) did not show any of the top five, but three prior medalists are returning. The winner from 2016 and 2017, Belgium’s Jolien D’Hoore will try for her third straight title, while last year’s runner-up – Coryn Rivera of the U.S. – and bronze medalist Roxane Fournier (FRA) are also back.
Look for results here.