The BWF World Tour has slowed down, with the Crown Group Australian Open in Sydney the only tourney scheduled for June. The fields are quite good; the top seeds:
● Men’s Singles:
1. Tien Chen Chou (TPE)
2. Anthony Sinisuka Ginting (INA)
3. Jonatan Christie (INA)
● Men’s Doubles:
1. Takeshi Kamura/Keigo Sonoda (JPN)
2. Junhui Lu/Yuchen Liu (CHN)
3. Mohamed Ahsan/Hendra Setiawan (INA)
● Women’s Singles:
1. Nozomi Okuhara (JPN)
2. Yufei Chen (CHN)
3. V. Sindhu Pusarla (IND)
● Women’s Doubles:
1. Mayu Matsumoto/Wakana Nagahara (JPN)
2. Yuki Fukushima/Sayaka Hirota (JPN)
3. Qingchen Chen/Yifan Jia (CHN)
● Mixed Doubles:
1. Yilyu Wang/Dongping Huang (CHN)
2. Yuta Watanabe/Arisa Higashino (JPN)
3. Peng Soon Chan/Liu Ying Goh (MAS)
The top-ranked entry is Japan’s no. 1-ranked women’s Doubles team of Matsumoto and Nagahara. Japanese teams have done well in Australian Open Doubles previously; the top-seeded men’s Doubles team of Kamura and Sonoda won the tournament in 2017.
Defending champs returning from 2018 include China’s Quangzu Lu in men’s Singles, Berry Angriawan and Hardianto Hardianto (INA) in men’s Doubles, Ayaka Sakuramoto and Yukiko Takahata (JPN) in the women’s Doubles and Seung-Jae Seo and YuJung Chae (KOR) in Mixed Doubles.
Look for results here.